Nightmare on Elm St.

The journey of turning the nightmare we bought on Elm St. into our dream home...

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.nightmareonelmst.net and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Bronze Dilemma

I made very little progress on my list yesterday, however, I did go out to do a little shoppingresearch on materials for other projects that we have in mind. Aaron and I are both unhappy with the hardware on the kitchen cabinets. The satin nickel finish is rubbing off of the knobs and pulls, and we don't feel like the style (especially of the drawer pulls) really goes all that well with the kitchen in general. Here is a general picture of the kitchen:


P4083583


While browsing the selection of knobs (I was just at Target, not one of the home centers), I kept finding myself drawn to the oil rubbed bronze selections. All of the original hardware in the house has the oil rubbed bronze look (although it is probably something else, like really dirty brass), and I really like it. Also, the warmer color would probably better compliment the buttercream cabinets and butchers block countertops. However, we have all stainless and black appliances (as shown above) and an unfinished tin ceiling. So, the silver color might be a better option.

Here is a photo of the old knobs and a simple oil rubbed bronze one that I picked up:

P4083578


Here is a picture of the old cabinet pulls and a new one in satin nickel:

P4083581


and again in oil rubbed bronze:

P4083579


So, now thanks to Laurie and Eric from 1951 Ranch Redo, I've got this cool poll that you can use to vote. You're also welcome to leave comments if you have more suggestions. Thanks for your help!



Create polls and vote for free. dPolls.com