Nightmare on Elm St.

The journey of turning the nightmare we bought on Elm St. into our dream home...

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.nightmareonelmst.net and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 09, 2006

So fresh and so clean...

Well, this picture summarizes our weekend pretty well (it's the valve that gave us so much trouble and was eventually replaced, surrounded by SOME, but not ALL of the subsequent receipts for our trips to the big orange and blue boxes):

wknd summary

Aaron says that the compression fitting that is on the elbow is the one that was causing all of the problems. As the fitting was designed for a straight piece of pipe and not an elbow, when Aaron loosened it and retightened it, it started leaking. Oh well, it's been replaced by two separate valves now.

I decided to make excellent use of all his hard work and give our little schnauzer a much needed bath tonight. I haven't had a laundry sink with a faucet since I left my parents house, so this was a nice treat for me, if not for Ansley:

new sink

not happy


The amount of anger that she can express without even using her eyes is amazing!

all done


Aw! All clean and very cute (I can't believe I got her to pose for me for once!) We keep her cut like a schnauzer in the summer, but in the winter she gets really cold and we let her coat grow out, that's why she looks a little shaggy.

I am also thrilled because we've been able to do laundry again! So everything around here is much fresher and cleaner!