Nightmare on Elm St.

The journey of turning the nightmare we bought on Elm St. into our dream home...

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.nightmareonelmst.net and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Got milk?

We live in an interesting little town. One of the more interesting features of Frederick is its large community of organic farmers, where you can get not only fresh veggies, but milk, eggs, meat, poultry, bread, etc. etc. However, in the winter, there is no Farmer's Market, and we have trouble getting to the market even when it's open because we're always working on the HOUSE! I had known for a long time that South Mountain Creamery, the source of yummy organic dairy products, had home delivery available. I also noticed that since we stopped buying the yummy fresh milk, that I had almost stopped drinking milk entirely. SOOO, last week I bit the bullet and used some of my Christmas money to buy a milk box, and start up home delivery. So now, every Thursday, the milkman comes to my door and puts all sorts of yummy things in my shiny new milk box! Better yet, they charge a deposit, and use the old-fashioned glass bottles. So, for the first time in many, many years, the milkman is making regular visits to our little house!

Yummy goodness (they even deliver, cookies, coffee, and sausages):

milk


Adorable milkbox:

milkbox