Nightmare on Elm St.

The journey of turning the nightmare we bought on Elm St. into our dream home...

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.nightmareonelmst.net and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Jackson and Perkins Rose Sale- I can't resist a bargain!

After successfully ignoring the rose catalogs and emails that I have been getting from Jackson and Perkins all spring, the last few days of their online rose sale finally got me. I'd been holding out since our backyard project is in such a state of flux due to our inability to secure a contractor. However, I just couldn't wait anymore. I'll plant the roses in cheap plastic pots and then transplant them when the patio is done. I bought two collections, one of lavender hedge roses and one of gorgeous English roses that I've been admiring for months.

The lavender hedge roses will go along the fence on one side of the patio. I plan to break up the roses with some hydrangeas and some white impatients.


I am going to create a separate garden for the English roses in one corner of the yard. There will be a bench that Aaron and I started work on last year, and hopefully a small water feature to enjoy the rose garden as its own little room.



I got all ten roses for about $65 with shipping. That works out to around $6.50 a plant. An awesome deal! I can't wait until my new additions arrive!!!