Nightmare on Elm St.

The journey of turning the nightmare we bought on Elm St. into our dream home...

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit www.nightmareonelmst.net and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Master bedroom

The master bedroom is situated at the front of the house. It has five wonderful windows and gets a ton of morning light. You only need an alarm clock for rainy days!


As this is an old house, we have very little closet space (more on this later). Hence, the IKEA wardrobe. I hate how it dominates the room, but it's a necessary evil. I'd love to change it out for something more period-appropriate.



More views of the master bedroom

When we moved in, all the trim and the closet door was covered in this... ahem! interesting faux finish. When I first saw it, I asked the Realtor- what did the trim do to her to deserve this. The walls were painted a lovely complimentary peach. The next door neighbor saw me painting it out the night we closed on the house, and she still tells everyone how funny she thought it was that that was the first thing I chose to change.


The Mr. complains that I have the biggest closet in the house, which is hilarious, because look at it...

It's much deeper than any of the other closets in the house, but that doesn't help much, because I can't reach the back rack very well. And it's very very short. I'm 5'7" and I have to sort of duck to get things out of it.



Work already completed in the master bedroom-

-Repaint walls and trim

Work remaing in the master bedroom-

Address issues with floor

Figure out better solution for closet